Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Chalk ManThe Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This was a book that was hard to put down. It starts off gory and a bit shocking and doesn't let up too much. Told in alternating chapters our narrator, Eddie, takes us from present day events (2016) back to his childhood in 1986. Is the Eddie reliable? Telling the truth? You'll have to read to find out.

There are a lot of questions that came up while I was reading. Who is the girl who is killed? Who killed Eddie's friend? Who drew all of the (creepy) chalk men? Everything is answered eventually, but there is a twist revealed at the end that may not be totally surprising to every reader.

I enjoyed this story while I read it, but it's not one that will stick with me for a long time. This is a debut novel from CJ Tudor, and I hope to see what other books she produces.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment