Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Gwendy's Button BoxGwendy's Button Box by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's the mid 1970's and Gwendy is going to start middle school soon. She's running up the suicide stairs in hopes of losing a little weight before going back to school. At the top of the stairs is a mysterious stranger, a man who has been watching Gwendy. She winds up talking with him and he gives her a box adorned with buttons. But this isn't just an average box.

This novella was really easy to continue reading. The chapters are short, the story moves quickly, and I just needed to see what happened in this book. This is one readers can finish in one sitting. The box that Gwendy receives causes some great things to happen in her life, but it may also cause some terrible things to happen. Is it really the box or is it all coincidence?

I was hooked bythis story through the whole book. The ending wasn't quite what I expected or hoped for, but it wasn't bad. I would have enjoyed reading this as a longer book, but I think it made for a pretty good short story as well. I just wasn't ready for it to end!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment