Thursday, June 8, 2017

The Impossible FortressThe Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thank you to Simon and Schuster for providing this copy to me. The following is my honest review.

Good book for gamers, young adult fans, readers nostalgic for the 80s, or readers looking for an easy read that's hard to put down. There are quite a few laughs along the way.

I could be critical of a few things in the book, but the story sucked me in and let me forget any minor complaint that may have come up. There were a couple of twists that I wasn't expecting. The characters are memorable, and I would like to read about them in a sequel.

I wanted to pass this book on to my young teenager, since the main characters are close to his age (and I'm fairly sure he'd love it). I hesitate because of some of the language, discussions of sex, and certain actions of the characters. It's not awful for the right young reader, but parents should be aware of what's in here before giving it to an impressionable kid.

What did you think? Would you let your teen read this book? Add your comments below!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment