Sunday, May 28, 2017

Since We FellSince We Fell by Dennis Lehane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dennis Lehane has written other books you’ve probably heard of (Mystic River; Shutter Island). Since We Fell is Lehan’es latest thriller. Rachel Childs has a mental breakdown which happens to go viral. The first half of the book readers will get to know Rachel and what her life had been like growing up. Various readers may find this part of the book slow; however, if you enjoy character development you’ll enjoy getting to know Rachel’s less than normal mom and absent dad.

When Rachel’s eventual husband comes into her life, readers will follow the story through her mental breakdown and descent into a chaotic life. The story builds slowly but it gains momentum as each page flips by. There were enough twists to keep me guessing through the last few pages.

I probably won’t remember specifics about this book a year from now, but it put me on the edge of my seat for a couple of days. When it’s difficult to put a book down, it must be because it’s a good one.


Tell me what you thought of this ending in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment