Tuesday, November 7, 2017

SourdoughSourdough by Robin Sloan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't think I would like this book after reading the synopsis the first time. A lady moves to a new city, receive a sourdough starter from some mysterious brothers, and the bread she receives leads her on an unexpected, life changing adventure. I'm not a foodie and I don't enjoy magical realism too much. But all of that didn't matter. This was a book that I easily got lost in.

Before you read this book make sure you have some food nearby. I have never had so many cravings while reading a book! Lois is a character I really liked. I could relate to her. She's solitary, a little panicky, but she was a character who was pleasant to read about, a character who changed in some good ways.

The end of the book began to drag a little bit for me. This is when most of the so called magical realism kicks in. It's light but will require readers to suspend disbelief. Still, I'm looking forward to the next novel from Robin Sloan.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment