Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The Tea Girl of Hummingbird LaneThe Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love to read just about anything Lisa See writes. This book is no different. I couldn't put it down.

The book focuses on the life of Li-yan. She grows up in a remote area of China and is an ethnic minority, an Akah. See writes a beautiful story but also educates readers on cultures they may not be familiar with otherwise. The story takes place from the late 1980s to present day. It was extra interesting to me since the main character is near my age though her life is completely different from my own.

Recommended for Lisa See fans, anyone looking for a book about a little known culture, or someone looking for a good story to get lost in.



What is your favorite Lisa See book? Comment below!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment