Sunday, July 16, 2017

The ChildThe Child by Fiona Barton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a mysterious story surrounding the discovery of a baby's skeleton. Who is the baby? Who buried the baby? Is this somehow connected to a baby being stolen from a hospital years ago?

There are several POVs in this book which incorporate several story lines. The stories do all come together nicely, and the mysteries made for a compelling read. I enjoyed the short chapters and Fiona Barton's writing style.

I didn't love this book though. I had the story figured out about halfway through. There were some minor characters that seemed unnecessary to the story. There were some connections that the police didn't make that I thought were not realistic. I don't think this story will be one that I remember for very long.

What's the best mystery you've read recently? Comment below!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment