Thursday, July 27, 2017

One Last Thing Before I GoOne Last Thing Before I Go by Jonathan Tropper
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Leading man, Silver, is kind of a loser. He's lost his wife, his daughter doesn't talk to him, he was a one hit wonder once upon a time, and has very little to look forward to in his life. His daughter comes back into his life to let him know she's pregnant (and also on her way to start college). Then when Silver learns that he needs a life saving to fix his faulty heart he decides to skip the operation.

What happens during this terminal part of Silver's life fills the pages of this book. There is a lot of humor, and a cast of characters that are a lot of fun to read about in a dysfunctional sort of way. This book is also crude. It's mean for mature readers (but not if you're easily offended).

I had hoped for a little more from this book (though I don't know why my expectations were so high). The humor was great, the story's concept was fine, but these aren't characters or a story that I will remember much of a few months from now. Also, if you want a nice, happily ever after ending, steer clear of this book.

What is your favorite humor writer? Comment below!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment