Monday, June 26, 2017

The Best of Adam SharpThe Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Graeme Simsion wrote The Rosie Project and The Rosie Effect. I loved both of these book and was looking for more of the same. Unfortunately this book was a miss for me. Three stars is a bit much, but there were some parts that I liked and I do enjoy Simsion's writing, so I'm rounding up.

In this new book Adam meets Angelina while he's traveling the for work. He winds up spending a lustful six weeks with her and manages to fall madly in love. As he must continue his work abroad they separate and twenty years pass. Adam has spent a long time in a loving partnership with Claire when suddenly Angelina contacts Adam. The past comes rushing back to him and the books is about what happens.

Adam and Angelina's relationship seems to be nothing more than passion, alcohol, and hormones. I didn't really enjoy either of these two characters nor did I see the deep love they had for each other. True, they are flawed and fairly believable characters. However, I had trouble caring about their story. The second half of this book is disturbing at best. It was tough to read and enjoy.

One element of this story that stood out was the great music throughout the story. There's even a complete playlist on Spotify that readers can enjoy while they're following this story. The music choices were pretty great and has a little something for everyone.

I hope to find another installment of Rosie's story soon, but I won't be revisiting Adam and Angelina's tale again.

What's the best love story you've read recently? Comment below!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment